Here are some tips about what to do and what NOT to do during a consultation with a new client:
1. Make the clients comfortable by greeting them in a fun and energetic manner
2. Confidently suggest what will look good on the client. (The client can then let you know what she or he thinks of your suggestions. Most of the time they’ll be happy with what you suggest.)
1. Be distracted by the phone.
2. Insult the client’s hair.
3. Confuse the client with hairstylist lingo.
You Might Also Like This: 10 Types of Stylists You’ll Find in a Salon